If you are someone who has been searching for information related to the mySunPower app, you have reached the right place.
As more and more people are shifting to using renewable sources of energy, it has become necessary for companies to create ways in which the usage of such energy can become more efficient and manageable. That is the reason why SunPower came up with the idea of creating the mySunPower app.
Keep reading this article till the end to learn more about the same…
What Is mySunPower?
The mySunPower app is a product of the company SunPower. It helps to monitor the “home solar, storage and electricity use—from virtually anywhere.” If you are someone who uses solar powered appliances at home from the company SunPower, this is an app that you must have.
According to the website, the mySunPower app “is an extension of the mySunPower web portal and is currently available to SunPower Equinox customers.” The app integrates with the SunPower battery storage solutions seamlessly and helps you “monitor system performance and control battery settings” simply with the help of a click.
mySunPower Features: Why Should You Use It?
The mySunPower app is available on both the App Store and Google Play. This makes it possible for the users of almost all devices you have access to the app. If you were in search of features and wanted to know how the mySunPower app helps the users, you have reached the right place.
Here are the features of the mySunPower app:
- You can track your electricity generation irrespective of the weather conditions.
- You can monitor the solar and the storage system with a much more holistic view.
- You can also review the available battery power as well as the amount of energy that you have consumed.
- You can stay updated about the system and the status of the system.
- You get alerts and notifications anytime any part of the system needs attention.
mySunPower Privacy Policies: Is It Safe?
SunPower is used by both residential as well as commercial properties. That is the reason why it is considered to be one of the most trusted solar power organizations in the United States.
mySunPower Reviews: What Do Users Say About The App?
When it comes to investing your time in any tool or app, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind. And one of the most important of all of them is the reviews that are available regarding that tool or app.
What is the tool or software really like? What have the other users faced while using the app? These are some of the things that most people think of while choosing to install or use software or app.
When it comes to the reviews of mySunPower app, people have left mixed reviews over the internet. On Apple’s App Store, user SteveFromWestin mentioned that the app was not as great as other apps from SunPower. The user gave the app a three star rating and stated:
“Have been using the older app for 3 years now, but it’s now being retired and replaced by this one. Unfortunately, this provides less info than the old one, as I cannot see a table of data here at all only graphical.
Other suggestions for enhancement:
1. Would be very helpful if the app provided something like a year-over-year comparison of, for example, month to date or year to date performance.
2. There’s also no panel level data presented, so with 32 panels installed, I have no idea how any of them are performing in comparison to each other, or to how they performed a year ago. This would be good to know if as a homeowner I notice a drop in the overall system performance. It might also have avoided an issue I experienced after my initial system install where several panels produced absolutely NO power for months, and neither Sunpower nor my Sunpower installer proactively noticed it! It was only after I submitted a ticket inquiring on the consistently lower than expected system output that someone finally took an action to address it.“
On the other hand, in the same year (2021), another user Steppenwolf62 gave it only one star and mentioned:
“INITIAL REVIEW: I was pretty excited about being able to track my usage, but I was quite disappointed. I have no confidence in the accuracy of its reporting. Yesterday, for example, it showed us producing 0.1 kW. (A cloudy, rainy day, so this is no surprise.). It showed home usage of 1.4kW. So, naturally, you would expect the readings to show 1.3kW being pulled from the grid. Instead, the app happily showed us feeding 1.5 kW *into* the grid. So, the app was 2.8kW off on reporting 0.1kW production. (This was so startlingly inaccurate that I even took a photo of it, just to make sure I was remembering this correctly.) Unfortunately, it was not the only time yesterday that the readings were off.
UPDATE: I contacted Sunpower, and the app is reporting readings that make much more sense. There is still a problem of the occasional crash, but this is working MUCH better, and I am adding two more stars. Thanks, guys!
NEW UPDATE, October 2021 Well… the numbers are consistent now. No strange math. However, the production and consumption numbers are still way, way, off. I downloaded Smartmeter to see what my meter readings were, and compared them with what MySunPower was telling me, and they have never matched, ever. According to Smartmeter(the local utility’s meter-reading app), for the last few months I have a 310 KwH surplus. According to MySunPower, I have a 2,500 KwH surplus. This is not a trivial difference!”
Here are some other reviews of mySunPower app that you need to take a look at:
Wrapping It Up!
The mySunpower app is a part or product of the SunPower company or corporation. It helps you to monitor the status of the solar power system of your house. You will be able to monitor the performance of the solar power system of the house with the help of real-time graphs and reports.
In case you were in search of some information on mySunPower app, I hope that this blog has been of help to you. If there are any other queries related to the same, please feel free to drop tour queries in the comment box at the bottom of the page.