Are you finding the world’s largest solar park to save your electricity bills? If yes, you have to make your research finer to get a hold of the best solar parks in the world. The concept of the solar park was first developed in India and China.
Later on, this concept spread all over the world. Regional energy agencies in the Gujrat, Qinghai, and Gansu were the areas that were found suitable for the establishment of the solar power grid.
There are several places where the solar power park is present in the world. You can visit those places or gather more information about them to understand them better.
Worlds Largest Solar Park In 2022
In my article, you will get an idea of the world’s largest solar park to get the help of the power supply whenever you require it the most at your end.
The list of the largest solar park in the world is huge, but among them, I will provide you the details of the best solar parks in the world from where you can get the required power assistance.
1. Golmud Desert Solar Park (2.8 GW)
It is situated in the Eastern region of the Golmud that is in the Qinghai Province of China. And it is now one of the world’s largest solar parks for the following reasons.
- It comprises 80 solar power plants with an ultimate capacity of 2.8GW power.
- It also has 200MW of the power tower CSP plant to provide ample electricity to the entire region.
- This solar park can provide 4-5GW of power to an entire region within its vicinity daily.
2. Bhadla Solar Park (2.7 GW)
After the Golmud desert solar park, the Bhadla solar park is another largest solar power plant in the world. It covers around 160km region of Badlachuron of Rajasthan state. Some of the core features of this solar park are as follows:-
- Since 2019, the 1GW power of this power plant has been expanded by the Indian Government.
- The largest power plant of this region comprises 300MW of power in it.
- It holds the capacity to have nearly 30 solar plants of 3.5GW power.
3. Longyangxia Solar Park (2.4 GW)
It is a group of power plants that is situated near the Longyangxia Reservoir in Eastern Qinghai. China delivers its power to this solar park with the hydroelectricity plant, which is present near it.
Some of the critical factors of this solar park are as follows:-
- This power plant has been expanded progressively since 2013, and its power grid now produces 2.4GW power.
- It comprises a 50MW Ghonghe CSP Power tower in the Eastern region of China.
- China power investment has developed this power plant.
Read More About: Types Of Solar Panels: Which One Is The Best Choice?
4. Benban Solar Park Egypt( 1.3GW)
This solar park covers 37 sq km of Egypt. It is one of the compact solar parks scraped in the list, but it is again recovered from that position to a better solar park. Some of the exciting core facts about this solar power plant are as follows:-
- This solar park covers the 37sq KM of Egypt.
- It is now complete with 27 blocks which comprise 50MW of power within it.
- It has additional space for the installation of 400MW of electricity.
5. NP Kunta Solar Park (1.2 GW)
The NP Kunta Solar park is another largest solar park in the world. It is now present Anantapur in Andrapradesh. There are certain core features of this solar power park that many of us do not know.
Some of the core features of this solar park are as follows:-
- It covers around 90km of the Nambula Pulankata district of Andra Pradesh.
- Andra Pradesh solar power corporation promotes this place.
- The total capacity of this place is 1.5GW, out of which the 1.2GW power is functional.
6. Sheikh Mohammad Bin Al Maktum (1.03GW)
This solar park is located in the north of the UAE in Dubai. The fourth and the fifth phase of this solar power plant is under construction now. Some of the critical features of this solar power plant are as follows:-
- It uses the CSP plants and the power tower technologies to deliver electricity in the region.
- The eventual capacity of this power plant is 5GW, and it can extend up to the 200Km region of UAE. These statistics can easily make it the largest power plant in the world.
7. Jinchuan Gansu (1.03GW)
Jinchuan Gansu is located in the Chinese province. Solar power plants surround this region. Some of the core features of this power plant which make it one of the largest solar power parks in the world are as follows:-
- This park covers almost 90km square area.
- The park has now increased to 15 plants. It comprises 1GW.
- It has a 200MW capacity of the power plant ultimately.
8. Danangouxiang (1.02 GW)
A new power plant was established in the Xinjiang province. It is located in the solar park region Danangouxiang. Some of the core features of this power plant are as follows:-
- The current capacity of this power plant is of holding 13 plants.
- It comprises double spaces to hold another power plant in it.
9. Pavagada Solar Park(1.0 GW)
The agricultural power plant has 80km, and it is located in the Karnataka State of India of the Pavagada in the northeast city. Some of the core features of this power park are as follows:-
- It has the capacity of holding 19 power plants within it.
- The Karnataka Renewable Energy Development Limited has constructed the Pavagada Solar Park.
10. Haixi Delingha Solar Park( 0.97 GW)
It is another largest power plant solar park that is very popular globally. Delingha Solar park is located in the Qinghai Province of China. Some of the core features of this power plan are as follows:-
- It has the ultimate capacity of housing 40 projects with a 1GW power capacity.
- This includes 3 CSP plants altogether that have the power to generate 200MW of electricity in the region.
Final Take Away
Hence, these are the largest power plants in the world which you can take care of, or you must know at your end. You must not make your choices in grey while selecting the largest solar park in the world.
You can also suggest more names apart from them as the largest power plants in the world. But remember the capacity and the power grid these power plants’ capacity and power grid forms the central part of these power stations.