Are you looking for eco-friendly or sustainable ways to beautify your garden? Have you heard about solar flower lights? If the answer is ‘yes’ to both questions, you have to come to the right place. We will not only explain why you must consider these lights but also how to install them in your garden.
Achieving sustainability is not an overnight process. Most of us have only been making conscious changes now. Before, it wasn’t even a possibility. Thus, you should always start with small changes and make a difference before jumping to bigger changes suddenly. For instance, you can install a few solar flower garden lights for starters before moving on to make bigger changes.
What Is A Solar Flower Light?
Solar flower lights are outdoor lights that provide lighting during the evening. These are operated by solar energy and, as a result, are sustainable lighting methods. The best part about these lights is they can be used for giving lights to not just small areas like your backyard or garden, but also streetlights.
These are charged by the sun, the biggest source of renewable energy. Although it is not an easy job to mount these panels yet, if done right, it can make a big difference, especially if you are choosing to lead a sustainable life. However, solar-powered flower lights are becoming increasingly popular currently.
This is due to three basic factors,
- These lights can be easily and quickly installed
- Its lights are also relatively cost-effective investments
- These lights are also perfect for long-time use
Before finding out how to install these solar flower lights, understand the pros and cons of investing in the same.
The benefits of using solar-powered lighting for the outdoors are as follows,
- The money you pay for buying, installing, and maintaining these lights is the only investment on your part. Since these do not need electricity to run, the money spent on maintenance will be minimal.
- Since these lights are powered by solar energy, as long as you install them in a space where they can access solar energy, they will work just fine. Moreover, they even turn off automatically after the sun goes down.
- Most solar flower lights come without wires, with everything required placed nicely inside the same unit. Thus installation becomes simple and convenient.
- These lights need little or no maintenance. All you need to do is change the battery and clean the lights once in a while. And if you have LED bulbs, then you don’t even need to clean them frequently since they can stay lit for 20,000 hours on average.
The disadvantages of using solar-powered lighting for the outdoors are as follows,
- One major problem with using these lights is that most of them are not that good when it comes to brightness. These lights are not bright, and when it comes to the few bright alternatives in the market, they hardly last long since they use more power.
- Although the cost of a solar panel might appear to be significant over a long period of time, it is pretty high as an initial investment. This is because the money spent purchasing and installing these lights is pretty high.
- Another drawback of using solar flower lights is that they are dependent on weather conditions. Weather conditions can change anytime, and even if the weather is a little cloudy, it is highly possible that your solar-powered lights will hardly perform well.
Step By Step Guide To Install Solar Flower On Your Garden:
One of the biggest benefits of installing solar flower lights for garden or outdoor areas is that the installation procedure is easy and quick. However, you will need a few things to successfully install solar flower lights in your garden.
Here’s what you will need:
- Solar panel flower lights
- Measuring Tape
- Drill and drill bits
Step 1: Find A Spot
The first important step is to find a good spot for the solar flower lights. Pick a place where the lights will have no difficulty accessing solar energy. Otherwise, you will not be able to enjoy the full potential of these lights.
Step 2: Time To Install
It is better if you choose solar flower lights that come with a spike. In that case, you literally have to make a hole in the ground and stick the spike in tightly. However, if your lights have to be fitted on a wall, you will need your drill and a few screws for getting this done.
Step 3: Don’t Forget The Manual
You must have noticed the manual that comes with such equipment usually. Unfortunately, most people only look inside the manual when they face some issue they are not being able to resolve. But the right thing to do is to read the manual carefully before moving using them.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Ans: There are so many locations for those alternatives that pop up under ‘solar flower lights outdoor’ on • • • • search engines.
• Near a landscape feature.
• On top of the fences.
• High in the trees.
• In front of ornamental trees.
• Inside the garage.
Ans: Lighting up your garden is a great plan, and why use anything that is not eco-friendly for the most natural part of your home. Thus, opt for solar flower lights and light up your garden or backyard with lights powered by solar energy – beautiful and cozy.
Ans: This light must be placed at a distance of 10 to 15 feet, creating bright pools of light which gently point towards any direction. If the lights are not aimed accurately, it can result in making a harsh impact on the eyes.
Now that you know how to install solar flower lights in your garden, it is time you start looking for ‘solar flower cost’ on search engines. Once you know the advantages and disadvantages of installing these lights, it is only a matter of time before you would want a few for yourself.
So what are you waiting for? Order some beautiful solar-powered lights today and light up your backyard or garden.