People worldwide are using monocrystalline solar panels to power the electrical appliances of a house or building. These panels now get used more and more because of the need for renewable energy sources.
Sunlight is the most efficient and renewable energy source that we can use to save our natural resources. Since solar panels were made to convert sunlight into electrical energy, houses and buildings globally use them for power.
But why should you use them? This is what you will learn about these solar panels and their uses and benefits. In addition, some of the best panels have been listed.
What Are Monocrystalline Solar Panels?
These solar panels are one of the types of solar panels. Here, the solar panels absorb and store sunlight in the form of electricity. These cells are made with highly pure single crystal silicon bars.
Monocrystalline solar cells get used in these solar panels because they are great conductors of electricity and absorb sunlight effectively. Scientifically, the electrons in these solar cells provide more space for the electrons to flow inside them. Therefore, it conducts electricity in the most effective way possible.
A single crystal gets submerged in a vat of molten silicon, kept at high temperatures. Then, this crystal gets drawn up, with silicon electrons fusing. This technique is known as the Czoralchski method. The crystal then gets sliced in the shape of octagonal wafers.
Residential solar panels make use of 60 solar cells. On the other hand, industrial solar panels use 70 or more solar cells. Typically, depending on the size of the solar panel, a maximum of 72 solar cells get used.
How They Work
The cells on the solar panels start absorbing sunlight when it falls on them. This creates an electromagnetic field inside the solar panel, fully voltaic, that generates electrical energy.
To calculate the amount of electricity generated, use this equation:
Power (P) = Voltage (V) x Current (I)
After electricity gets generated, you can use it directly to provide electricity to the house as a direct current (DC). Alternatively, you can use an inverter to convert it into an alternating current (AC). This depends on the type of electrical appliances in the building.
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Monocrystalline Solar Panels
The main benefits and drawbacks of using solar panels monocrystalline compared to other types of solar panels are:
The main advantages of monocrystalline solar panels are:
- These solar panels are the most energy and cost-efficient solar panels, with an efficiency rate of 15 – 25%.
- Since the solar cells get sliced into the shape of wafers, they require less space for installation compared to others.
- Manufacturing solar panels are more cost-effective since monocrystalline panels are durable and last the longest. In addition, these solar panels have a warranty period of 25 years.
- When it comes to heat resistance, these solar panels are the best in this category.
- Amongst all solar panels, these solar panels perform the best in cloudy and rainy areas among all solar panels. Therefore if you live in cloudy regions or regions with lots of rainfall, install these solar panels.
The main disadvantages of monocrystalline solar panels are:
- These solar panels are pretty expensive, which the general mass won’t be able to afford.
- When the silicon crystal gets cut into wafers, a lot of waste gets generated. Therefore, creating these solar panels is not eco-friendly compared to thin-film solar panels.
- These solar panels tend to perform worse in regions with high temperatures (like deserts and tropical areas).
What Is The Difference Between Monocrystalline And Polycrystalline Solar Panels?
As the name suggests, polycrystalline solar panels are made using two or more silicon crystals instead of one, fragmented together.
Therefore, the difference between polycrystalline vs. monocrystalline solar panels are:
- Costs: Monocrystalline panels are more expensive compared to polycrystalline solar panels.
- Efficacy: Since these get made with superior silicon crystals, they provide the least resistance for electrons to pass through. Therefore, they are better by at least 14% to 16% than polycrystalline solar panels.
- Lifespan: Both types of crystalline solar panels provide similar levels of durability and longevity. However, monocrystalline panels last longer by a small margin.
- Temperature Resistance: The temperature coefficient (degradation in higher temperatures) is better in monocrystalline panels compared to polycrystalline panels. Therefore, buy monocrystalline panels if you live in a region where summers are long and hot.
- Appearance: Monocrystalline panels have a uniformly dark color, primarily black. On the other hand, polycrystalline panels come in hues of blue. Therefore, depending on your aesthetic preference, buy the one you think looks better depending on your aesthetic taste.
- Space: Monocrystalline panels are smaller, taking up lesser installation space. Therefore, the solar panel installation cost is lower.
Best Monocrystalline Solar Panels For Sale
Monocrystalline solar panels cost a lot compared to other solar panels. Therefore, we recommend these five panels for you to choose from:
Tesla Mono Solar Panel (320 Watt)
Made by Tesla in collaboration with SolarCity, this panel delivers the highest performance at affordable prices. Manufactured by Panasonic, these SC320 solar panels are pretty sturdy and are made to withstand the harshest temperatures and climates.
Trina Solar Mono XL Solar Panel (395 Watt)
If you want better sunlight absorption and conversion, the Trina Tallmax M 395 Watt solar panel is perfect for you. This has 72 solar cells cut into 144 solar cells, delivering higher energy output and performance. In addition, it is equipped with a 5-Busbar technology that provides a 20% performance hike.
Talesun Solar Mono All Black Solar Panel (360 Watt)
If you want high performance with affordability in mind, then this solar panel is the right one. Made with 120 monocrystalline perc solar panels, this panel provides a comparatively higher output at a lower price.
Axitec Solar Mono All Black Panel (360 Watt)
This solar panel uses 120 half-cut solar cells that are all black and absorb and convert the highest amount of electricity. It provides AC worth 360MH and 120 volts.
Phono Solar Mono All Black Solar Panel (365 Watt)
Similar to the Axitec Momnon Solar Panel, this panel also has 120 half-cut solar cells and is similarly priced.
Frequently Asked Questions:–
Ans: Yes, these solar panels are better than most other types of solar panels.
Ans: Monocrystalline vs polycrystalline solar panels – Monocrystalline panels are better.
Ans: Yes, these solar panels are worth the high cost
Ans: These solar panels last a long time and are smaller in size. Therefore, it can fit in smaller spaces also.
Monocrystalline solar panels get made with one single silicon crystal. As a result, they are highly energy-efficient because they allow electrons to pass through without any resistance. In addition, it is small in size, but pretty expensive.
Therefore, if you live in warmer climates near coastal areas, these solar panels are worth their price. The Tesla Mono Solar panel and the Trina Solar Panel are the best in the market right now that you can think of buying.
If you learned what you were looking for, check out other articles and share them if you like them!
- How To Make Home Made Solar Light For Home?
- What Is The Physics Behind Solar Thermal Energy?
- Step By Step Guide To Install Solar Flower On Your Garden
- Solar Street Light: Thinks You Must Know Before Purchasing It