Trash throwing is a part of our daily life. We are all dumping our garbage in black plastic bags. But if you are analyzing the side effects of garbage dumping. You will see maybe we are throwing our trash away, but plastic is increasing the pollution of the earth. Now biodegradable garbage bags are available in the market. You can use composite trash bags and minimize plastic pollution. Using biodegradable garbage bags is an excellent initiation for making your earth green and transforming it into a better place for living. How?
Let’s see the manufacturing components of
What Are Biodegradable Garbage Bags Made Of?
Biodegradable components of the biodegradable garbage bags are more than the traditional plastics. Ordinary plastics and the polymer takes almost 450 years to decompose. And this biodegradable plastic garbage takes only one month to one year to decompose.
So when selecting biodegradable garbage for your daily use, you not only throw your trash, but this is a great step to save your whole environment from plastic pollution.
Compostable garbage bags are usually made with corn and potatoes, as these baggage bags are made with organic materials. Composite baggage bags take the very minimum amount of time to decompose.
These biodegradable and plastic bags are manufactured with environmentally friendly organic materials. So it takes fear time to decompose. In the United States, every biodegradable garbage requires compostable certifications from the Biodegradable Products Institute.
Pros Of Using Biodegradable Garbage Bags
Biodegradable garbage bags are entirely environmentally friendly options. So when you are starting to use them, you are saving yourself. You are taking the great initiative to make your earth a better place. When purchasing a set of 15 gallon trash bags, you are investing about $10.
Here are the pros of using biodegradable bags.
- Every biodegradable garbage bags are easily recyclable.
- These garbage bags’ components are nontoxic materials.
- During the decompositions, they are not releasing harmful substances. This is the main reason people are starting to use these bags.
- Biodegradable plastic bags are also minimizing the use of petroleum supplies. For example a country, 80% of the petroleum in a country is used for manufacturing plastic bags.
- Traditional plastics release almost four tones of emissions; hence, biodegradable plastic only emits 8 tons of carbon.
- In the traditional plastic waste, only 9 percent is recyclable. And other percentages of plastic pollutants are released into landfills and water bodies.
Cons Of Using Biodegradable Garbage Bags
At first glance, you will find biodegradable garbage bags more environmentally-friendly options. But you will be surprised to hear these garbage bags also have some adverse effects.
Here are the cons of using biodegradable garbage bags.
- Biodegradable product manufacturing and compositions require a complex process. And for these, you have to apply some costly industrial techniques. So manufacturing costs are pretty high.
- Many biodegradable plastics realize a large amount of methane in a landfill. And their methane can do enough to hamper the environment.
- These types of baggage bags do not decompose in seawater. So water pollution remains in the same place.
- Biodegradable plastic garbage bag prices are almost 25%much higher than traditional trash bags.
- The disposal method of Biodegradable plastic garbage bags is relatively costly.
- Biodegradable plastic garbage bags use a large amount of water for decomposition.
- For 5-gallon trash bags, you only have to invest $5.But for the 5-gallon biodegradable trash bags, you have to spend about $13, which is almost twice in number.
What To Check For Picking The Biodegradable Garbage Bags?
Many companies are now selling biodegradable garbage bags. But when picking up the best biodegradable garbage bags, you must match up some of the qualities.
Here are the three things which you should check for picking and buying biodegradable garbage bags.
1. Environment Friendliness:
Every type of biodegradable plastic bag’s longevity and expiry dates are different. Hence, when picking biodegradable plastic bags or any kind of biodegradable trash bags, first see the instructions.
And know if there are any specific ways to make the garbage bags composite. Everyone wants to use trash bags, which you can easily throw away. And it’s not going to hamper the environment’s balance.
Biodegradable bag prices are a little bit on the higher end. So when you are selecting the small garbage bags, it’s not going to fulfill your requirements. As you have to purchase more garbage bags. Garbage bags are for throwing your trash out of your house.
You have to pick up those of the brands manufacturing more full garbage bags. Strength for biodegradable bags is essential. You do not want to pick the fragile garbage bags which does not have the power to carry your trash.
3. Easy Decompositions Techniques:
Clear garbage bags are better and easily decomposable in all types of trash bags. So when picking the trash bag, you must select the bags that do not have complex decomposition techniques.
Traditional plastic trash bags are used up in landfills. This is why people are discarding plastic bags. However, when picking biodegradable plastic bags, you have to check the decomposition techniques of the trash bags. And know how much time do bags need to decompose?
4 Secrets Of The Biodegradable Garbage Bags Which No one Going To Tell You
Biodegradable garbage bags are now becoming popular. But regarding the biodegradable garbage bags, there are many misconceptions. Here are some of the secrets about these trash bags.
Read it and know what the misconceptions associated with biodegradable trash bags are.
1. Biodegradable Plastics Require Specific Process
The biodegradable garbage bags require some specific process and state to break down. Most of this plastic breaks down over 50C temperature.
So if you throw these plastics into the landfills and the sea, they will not reach the state of biodegradation. So biodegradable plastics always require a specific process to get a biodegradable form.
2. Biodegradable Plastics Recycling Process Are Different
The biodegradable polymer portions of the biodegradable garbage bags are significantly less. So it will be better if you do not mix up the biodegradable plastic trash bags with traditional plastic bags.
Biodegradable plastic bag recycling processes are entirely different. To make the earth green, you must follow the proper directions for recycling biodegradable plastic trash bags.
3. Biodegradable Bags Can Also Harm The Environment
Yes, biodegradable garbage bags are entirely recyclable, but if you do not dispose of them in the right way, it can also be harsh on the environment. If you are going to dispose of it in a landfill or sea, then there are no chances of recycling.
If the biodegradable plastics decompose in oxygen-free environments, they release methane gas. So I can see how if you do not follow the proper process of disposal, it will hamper the environment.
4. Biodegradable Bags And Composite Bags Are Not The Same
The plastic biodegradable garbage bags are not composite trash bags. Composite trash bags are
made manufactured with entirely natural fabrics. For biodegradable bags, microorganisms are added already attached to them. So with the right temperature, the microorganisms are getting activated and start to break down the plastics.
The compostable bags are reaching up in the readily composting state. But the biodegradable trash bags are not made with natural fabrics, so to reach the composite state, you have to follow some specific rules.
Biodegradable Garbage Bags Manufacturing Brands
Most of the users are searching with biodegradable bags near me to find the best possible options. But your searching can be more streamlined when you are searching with the proper brand names.
Here are the names of some biodegradable bag manufacturers and biodegradable bags wholesale which are manufacturing garbage bags.
- Reli Biodegradable 33 Gallon Trash Bags (100 counts) $30.
- Primode 3 Gallon Food 3 gallon Trash Bags For Throwing Away Scraps Yard Waste (100 counts) $18.00.
- Emily’s Choice Heavy Duty Biodegradable Tall Kitchen 13 Gallon Trash Bag (50 counts) $20.70
- Green Earth Compostable Tall Kitchen Food Scrap Waste Bags, 13 Gallon (50 counts) $20.95.
WHEEL eco-friendly trash bags 1.2-gallon Trash bag (150 counts) $13.99
Frequently Asked Questions:-
Ans: The biodegradable plastic trash bags require a few months to decompose fully! When you are following the proper process of decomposing. But traditional plastics need to take hundreds of years to decompose.
Ans: Biodegradable trash bags have the microorganisms to break down the plastics. But the compostable bags have natural fibers. So the compostable bags are readily broken down through microbial biological activities.
Ans: Yes, biodegradable trash bags are better to use than regular plastics. But unless you do not maintain the right ways for it. It will not break down, and you can not have the advantage of using biodegradable trash bags.
Bottom line: Take A StepTo Make World Greener
Biodegradable garbage bags are an excellent initiative for controlling world pollution. But unlike the composite trash bags, you must follow some specific techniques to keep these garbage bags in composite states. So better read the decomposition instructions of the garbage bags. Which types of trash bags do you prefer? A composite one or a Biodegradable one? Keep sharing your opinion through the comment section.